In this course, you will learn:
- Outline the basic principles of autophagy
- Explain the importance of autophagy in the human body, plants, and animals.
- Use Yoshinori Ohsumi's inspiring narrative to learn about the importance of fundamental research driven by pure curiosity that leads to scientific breakthroughs.
- Basic Mechanisms and Roles of Autophagy
- Dr. Ohsumi's Nobel Prize-Winning Work
- The Role of Autophagy in Our Bodies, Links to Human Diseases, and the Future of Autophagy Research