In this course, you will :
- Consider the changing roles and statuses of animals in society, as well as the social, cultural, and ethical implications.
- Explain the status of animals in contemporary society using key perspectives and concepts from the field of human/animal studies.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the significance of including animals in social issue analyses.
- Examine the socially constructed boundaries that exist between humans and animals, as well as the consequences of those boundaries.
- Animals, Self, and Society
- Animals and Institutions
- The Changing Status and Perception of Animals