- This course will cover the fundamentals of OpenGL and OpenGL ES in Android.
- This course is unique because it covers the mechanics of how OpenGL works and also more practical applications to draw 2D and 3D objects. .
- In this first module, we're going to cover the basics of OpenGL in Android. We'll start by outlining the OpenGL Pipeline where
- you'll learn how OpenGL renders graphics. We'll then look at a programming language used to work with the pipeline called the OpenGL Shading Language. Following this, I'll give a brief overview of OpenGL ES, which is a variant of OpenGL for portable devices.
- We'll close the module by covering basic primitive types in OpenGL. This module focuses on the practical implementation of OpenGL in Android. We'll begin by looking at how to draw simple 2D objects, and then look at increasingly complicated 3D objects.