In this course you will learn:
- Discover the power of Web Apis and how they can be used in an Android App.
- Get practice reading API documentation and learn how to request data from an API using a web browser.
- Learn the essentials of JSON, a common HTTP Response format.
- Harness the essentials of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol to exchange data between an Android device and a web server.
- Learn about the components that are needed to compose an HTTP GET Request.
- Harness the HttpUrlConnection class to compose a request to the USGS API.
- Learn about how you can use threads to do time consuming work in the background while keeping an Android App's User Interface fast and responsive.
- Get a comprehensive overview of AsyncTask and Loaders, two important threading options exposed by the Android Framework.
- Discover how to persist user settings using Shared Preferences.