In this course you will learn :
- Week 1: Statics and Structural Systems: Force system, Structure and its classification, Supports, Reaction, Structural framing and loading.
- Week 2: Strength of Materials : Theory of Elasticity, Material properties, Shear and Bending moments,
- Week 3: Structural Mechanics: Stress due to bending and shear,Theory of Column
- Week 4: Frame Structure Analysis and Design: Deflection of beams, Analysis of indeterminate structures, The application different types of structural frame in Architecture.
- Week 5: Truss and Space Frame: Concept and application of Truss and Space Frame, Advantages.
- Week 6: Arch, Shell and Dome: Structural concept, Types, Application and advantages, Case study.
- Week 7: Tensile and Plate Structures: Structural concept, Types,Materials for tensile structures, Application and advantages,Case study.
- Week 8: Special Structures: Pneumatic, Tensegrity and Temporary structures and structures for cost effective technology High rise Structural system, Foundation system, IS Code provisions.