In this course, you will :
- Learning how to communicate effectively with any audience provides us with a useful toolbox for expert communication in any professional sphere.
- Understand how to structure a stand-up comedy set as well as how to use narrative form in your performance poetry texts.
- Consider how you can improve the quality of your writing practise by becoming a performer yourself.
- Knowledge of the histories, forms, and traditions of writing for stand-up comedy/performance poetry, as well as the cultural contexts of innovative practitioners and practises in stand-up comedy/performance poetry;
- Knowledge of contemporary critical, analytical, and narrative theories of stand-up comedy/performance poetry; detailed understanding of key performance components within the discipline
- Stand-up comedy/performance poetry requires dramaturgical and script-editing abilities.
- Developed advanced self-management skills, including the ability to work in both planned and impromptu ways, as well as the ability to anticipate and accommodate change, ambiguity, creative risk-taking, uncertainty, and unfamiliarity