In this course, you will :
- Understanding of what software testing entails and how to carry it out in the real world.
- Understanding of the JIRA and Zephyr tools, as well as a live project demonstration.
- What are test cases and bugs (defects), and how do they work?
- Real-world examples of various types of testing (Apple, Kylie Jenner, Hawaii State, Chase, Home Depot, LA Times and other real ones).
- Simpsons as an example of the software development life cycle SDLC.
- Complete understanding of the QA process, from requirement gathering to project delivery.
1. Types of Testing
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Testing definition
- What is software defect (bug)?
- UI testing
- Functional testing
- Compatibility testing
- Localization testing
- Performance testing
- Usability testing
- Security testing
- What is Ad-hoc or Monkey testing?
- How to capture screenshots
- How to report bugs
- Bug triage
- Severity and Priority
- Priority classes
- Severity tips
3. Test cases
- What is test case
- Test case vs Bug
- Importance of test cases
- Zephyr - test case management system
- How to write test cases
- Smoke testing
- How to write Test plan for Ebay
- How to write Smoke suite?
4. Cross-platform and Cross-browser Testing
- How to test on Mobile devices?
- How to use Chrome Mobile view?
- Modern browsers
- The most popular browsers
- Browsers segmentation
- How to test Android apps without a device?
- How to test on iOS without a device?
- How to test using cloud services?
- What is cross-browser testing?
5. Regression Testing
- Test Plans
- What is Regression testing?
- What is Positive and Negative testing
- What is Boundary Value Analysis?
- What is Equivalence Partitioning testing?
6. Web Architecture
- Modern Web Architecture explained
- Back-end testing
- Front-end testing
- How to debug front-end or back-end issues (must have)?
7. Builds and Releases
- What is Software build?
- What is Deployment?
- What is Release?
- SDLC recap
- What is Sanity testing?
- What is User Acceptance Testing (UAT)?
8. QA Interview
- How to prepare for QA interview?
- How to write QA resume?
- Education requirements for QAs
- Where to apply for QA job?
- Contract vs Full-time QA job
- Agency (Recruiter) vs Direct Hire. What is better for QAs?
- What is Interview Process for QAs?
- How to apply on LinkedIn and Glassdoor
- QA resume screening
- QA phone screening
- Tell me about yourself story
- Tell me about your project
- QA technical interview questions
- QA personality interview questions