In this course, you will :
- Be able to create a PLC program from scratch..
- The primary and overall objective of this course is to give a novice an understanding of PLC programming, ladder logic, and the inner workings of a standard HMI (Human-Machine Interface)..
- Students will learn the difference between digital and analog signals and how to bring them into a PLC, process them, and send them back out..
- Students will be familiarized enough with a sufficient variety of ladder logic instructions to create a complete PLC program from scratch..
- Students will explore basic, standard controls techniques for things like HOA control, level control, pump control, and (on at least an introductory level) PID control loops..
- Students will develop an understanding of alarm and notification programming, and the relevant considerations to safety and operator usability..
- Students will be introduced to HMI development and given a general understanding of how an HMI program works..