In this course, you will :
- This course will provide you with the tools you need to thoroughly prepare for behavioural and cultural questions, whether you are a software engineer, product manager, or engineering manager.
- However, this would be useful for anyone in any profession, not just those in technical roles.
- Able to use Educative's new video recording widget to record yourself answering questions and evaluate your performance.
- Able to confidently answer any behavioural question that comes your way.
1. Why Prepare?
- Why Prepare?
- Everyone is an Interviewer
- The Purpose of Behavioral Interviews
- Doing your Homework
- Exercise: List Organization Values
- Exercise: Create a List of Experiences
- The STAR Technique
- Excercise: STAR Technique
- Borrowing from other disciplines
- Be a Cultural Anthropologist
3. Patterns for Behavioral Questions
- Recognizing Behavioral Interview Questions
- Prior Experience Questions
- Parsing Prior Experience Questions
- Sample Prior Experience Questions
- Exercise: Answering Prior Experience Questions
- Practice: Answering Prior Experience Questions
- Practice: Answering Hypothetical Questions
- Values-Based Questions
- Asking Questions
- Good Questions to Ask
- Quiz: Test yourself
4. Interview Etiquette
- Introducing Yourself
- Cultural Interview
- Phone interviews
- Techniques for phone interviews
- Body Language
- Body Language Techniques
- Video Conference Interviews
- Techniques for Video Conference Interviews
- Not an exact match? No problem!
- On Being Rejected
- Three different ways to practice