In this course, you will learn:
- The procedures for establishing a breeding programme.
- Understanding the fundamentals of animal breeding
- Predicting the breeding value of animals using genetic models and technologies.
- Using technologies to anticipate population genetic change and/or inbreeding.
- Recognize how genetic progress is disseminated in various animals.
- Introduction to Animal Breeding
- The breeding goal
- Collection of information and family relationships
- Genetic models
- Ranking the animals
- Response to selection