In this coures, you will :
- Find out the best tips for reading poetry in French to improve your reading comprehension.
- However, understanding French poetry can be difficult. Poetic language, even for gifted students, can be complex, even if individual words or phrases are clear.
- Create a universal poetic toolkit for analysing French poetry.
- Learn how to identify the storey and meaning of a poem, as well as how to deduce the poet's intent.
- Two key questions and assembling the toolkit
- Form, structure and versification
- Voice, verbs and repetition of structures
- Allusion, vocabulary and the development of imagery.
- Emotional and analytical responses - putting it all together.