In this course, you will learn :
- Fundamentals of SQL commands and their nuances.
- Appreciate that real-life SQL is not always a "Yes/No" problem. There is also a "May be". A solution that works for scenario X could have issues in scenario Y.
- Code backend DB for applications.
- Think in "SQL" terms. More importantly, think practically.
- CREATE Tables and INSERT data into them.
- SELECT data from tables and FILTER them using WHERE clause
- JOIN data across multiple tables
- Use GROUP BY to group results and calculate aggregates
- Use functions to act on data.
- Control access to users using GRANTs and SYNONYMs.
- Create INDEXes for performance reasons and CONSTRAINTS on data to protect data integrity