In this course, you will :
- Describe the line items on financial statements.
- Differentiate between the three kinds of financial statements.
- Analyze and interpret current accounting issues and trends.
- Determine a company's market capitalization.
- Determine the most important expense for a retail business.
- Explain the use of financial statements of common size.
1. Accounting Basics
- Accounting vs. bookkeeping
- The accounting equation
2. The Financial Statement
- The financial statement
- The balance sheet
- The income statement
- The statement of cash flows
3. The Mechanics of Accounting
- How financial statements are made
- Debits and credits
- Journal entries
- Making the financial statements
4. Current Issues in Financial Accounting
- Current financial accounting issues
- Revenue recognition
- Long-term assets including impairment
- Working with leases
- Earnings per share
- Investment securities and derivatives
- Deferring taxes
- Inventory and COGS
5. Financial Statement Analysis
- Using financial statements
- Common size statements
- DuPont framework
- Debt ratio
- Operating ratio
- Price-earnings (P/E) ratio