Erlang was built from the ground up, to get distributed, and fault-tolerant computing “right”. Elixir inherits these qualities, and packages it up in a beautiful modern language, with excellent tooling and access to all the existing Erlang libraries.
- This is a beginners guide to learning the Elixir programming language. You will learn how to read and write in Elixir code, understand recursion, data immutability, and pattern matching.
- This course lays the foundation for learning a functional language and gives you confidence with which to build your knowledge.
Build a strong foundation in Elixir and functional programming with this tutorial for beginners.
A developer in the future will need to have experience building functional and concurrent software. With the rise of the Internet of Things and greater need for scalable and fault-tolerant systems, developers are going to need experience building software that can cope with these kind of challenges.
Elixir is the language of the future, and will equip you with the skills that our future jobs are going to require.
- Learn Elixir code from your own desk.
- Suitable for students with programming experience wishing to learn a functional language, and ideal for users who learn faster when shown.
- Visual training method, offering users increased retention and accelerated learning.
- Breaks down principles into simple steps.