In this course, you will :
- Develop concepts of development economics to help them understand what causes underdevelopment and what aids development.
- Investigate various dimensions and measures of development, as well as the application of micro and macroeconomic analysis to development issues in poor countries.
- Understand household decisions as well as the institutions and norms that influence development.
- Improve understanding of the distinction between growth and development, major growth theories, inequality measurement, and the importance of agriculture.
1. characteristics of Developing countries
- Characteristics of Developing countries
- characteristics of Developing countries cont
- Characteristics of Developing countries Cont..
- Indicators for Economic Development
- Purchasing power parity (PPP)
- Methods to measure economic development
- Methods to measure economic development Cont...
- Human Development index (HDI)
- New Human Development Index (NHDI)
- Difference between HDI and NHDI
- Scope of Development
2. Classical Theories of Economic growth and development
Rostow stages of Growth.