In this course, you will learn:
- What is contained in the Bible, the book holding Christians' sacred scriptures?
- A summary of the material with an emphasis on various interpretations of well-known portions.
- A look at how Christians approach diversity, attitudes toward non-Christian traditions, existential problems of suffering and violence, the interaction with modern science, women's responsibilities, liturgical time, and pilgrimage are just a few of the topics covered.
- What are the contents, languages, and forms of Bibles in various times and places?
- How have Christians lived out their stories and teachings?
- How does Christian history reflect the contested and varied uses of scripture—in the ancient Roman world where Christianity began, in its spread through European and American colonialism, in the diverse forms it takes in varied locations around the globe?