In this course, you will learn:
- Understand the anatomy and function of the integumentary system.
- Understand the anatomy and function of the skeletal system.
- Learn about the many types of joints, their functions, and their clinical correlates.
- Learn about the structure and function of skeletal muscles.
1. Integumentary Systems
- Functions of the integumentary system
- Layers of skin and functions
- Melanin and skin color
- Sebaceous and sudoriferous glands
- Somatic senses and adaption
- Sense modalities
- Hair and nails
2. Skeletal Muscle Anatomy
- Properties, functions, and types of muscular tissue
- Connective tissue coverings and tendons
- Myofiber structures, growth, and proteins
- Synovial joint movements
- Skeletal muscle fibers
- Muscle attachment sites
- Muscles of facial expressions
- Abdominal wall, breathing, and pelvic floor muscles
- Pectoral girdle, shoulder join, and other upper body muscles
- Muscles of the gluteal region
- Function of Joints
- Joint structure and movement classifications
- Ligaments and other synovial joint structures
- Factors affecting range of motion
- Arthritis and aging
- Glenohumeral and associated joints
- Elbow and wrist joints
- Hip, knee, and ankle joints