In this course, you will :
- From start to finish, learn how to stitch a hoop with abstract bands of colour and a black silhouette as the main subject.
- Dive into the course materials, which include everything from an embroidery hoop to needles and fabric glue. Then, see where Jen gets her design inspiration and start sketching some ideas.
- Before practising different stitches, choose a colour palette for your work and experiment with different techniques for transferring your finished design onto fabric.
- Jen walks you through the process of stitching your design, starting with the silhouette. Then use colour to bring your work to life by stitching from left to right and in rows.
- Finish your embroidery by adding dimension and texture with french knots.
- Discover how to seal the back of your hoop for a professional finish.
1. First Steps
- Finding Inspiration and Sketching
- Choosing Colors
- Transferring Your Design
- Practicing Your Stitches
2. Stitching the Project!
- Stitching the Silhouette
- Stitching the Bands of Color
- Stitching the French Knots
3. Final Details
- Finishing Your Hoop
- Displaying Your Work