In this course, you will learn :
- Discover the best practices for writing unit tests.
- Be translating user specifications into unit tests, including all TDD steps before development
- Discover a hands-on approach to applying the Red-Green-Refactor unit testing mantra.
- The unittest.mock module teaches you how to use mocks in Python.
- Experience Test-Driven Development firsthand by writing and implementing tests as early as week one. TDD begins with good unit tests, so we'll begin there.
- Translating user specifications into unit tests, using the Red-Green-Refactor mantra, and using mocks in Python with the unittest.mock module will also be covered. When finished, you will have completed all of the TDD steps prior to development.
- Automated Unit Testing Basics
- Unit Testing best practices
- Writing Tests for TDD
- The Red-Green-Refactor cycle in practice
- The power of mocks