4 Best Microbiology Courses - Learn Microbiology Online
Highly curated best Microbiology Courses for beginners. Start with the best Microbiology Coursesa and cerifications to learn Microbiology online as a beginner.
The Best Microbiology Courses online for beginners to learn Microbiology in 2022.
What would happen if diseases and illness could not be diagnosed? We wouldn’t even want to imagine that scenario. Have you ever wondered what kind of research goes into finding the root cause of your illness? Microbiology provides the required skills and techniques to help diagnose diseases.
Microbes may be invisible to the eye, but they dominate every environment on Earth – including you. Microbes are often associated with disease yet the majority of species help to keep us alive. How can you distinguish the good from the bad?
The course present here can help you on your way to being a Microbiology Lab Technicians who are responsible for analyzing microorganisms not visible to the naked eye to identify and diagnose the root cause of diseases.
They utilize a Microscope, various instruments/devices, and techniques to run several tests on a specimen collected from patients to identify diseases and what medicines/antibiotics will cure them.
Disclosure: Coursesity is supported by the learner's community. We may earn an affiliate commission when you make a purchase via links on Coursesity.
Top Microbiology Courses List
1. Introduction to Microbiology
Microbiology for those who want to understand.
Course rating: 4.4 out of 5.0 ( 46 Ratings total)
In this course, you will learn
This is a college-level introductory microbiology course taught at a pace for learning and understanding. It will help you to learn basic biology concepts from all disciplines of biology or to aid you as you are taking a college microbiology course.
This course covers the history of microbiology, structure, and function of cellular structures for bacteria, archaea, eukaryotes, and viruses.
Then, you will dig into the human body's ability to fight off disease through immunology, failures of our immune system for hypersensitivities and autoimmune diseases, some epidemiology, and then look at specific diseases caused by a few of our pathogens.
You can take Introduction to Microbiology Certificate Course on Udemy.
2. Become a Microbiology Laboratory Technician
Course rating: 4.6 out of 5.0 ( 146 Ratings total)
In this course, you will learn how to:
- pursue a career as a Microbiology Laboratory Technician.
- diagnose diseases.
- get a job in the field of microbiology.
This course will provide all the essential resources and training to help you become a Microbiology Lab Technician. This profession has a very low barrier to entry as the minimum requirement to pursue this as a career is a high school diploma.
This course will also provide you with information on additional certifications you can take to get more knowledge on this subject as well as guidelines on how to find a job in this field.
You can take the Become a Microbiology Laboratory Technician Certificate Course on Udemy.
3. Introduction to Microbiology - Online Course
Discover the amazing world of microbiology, with this introductory online microbiology course from the University of Reading.
Course rating: 4.8 out of 5.0 ( 109 Ratings total)
In this course you will learn how to:
- describe the key differences between the five groups of microbe.
- microbes replicate and why environmental conditions affect where they live.
- differentiate between beneficial and harmful effects of microbes.
- discuss ways that microbiology research has, and will continue to, benefit human health, food production, and the environment.
- explain how microbes evolve and discuss the potential implications of this on the future health of the population and our planet.
- conduct simple microbiology experiments and analyze the results in order to draw conclusions.
Here, you will explore a general introduction to the field of microbiology and investigate the amazing diversity of microbial life.
Learn about the significant roles microbes play in health, food, and the environment through expert interviews, lab demonstrations, and practical experiments you can try at home.
You can take Introduction to Microbiology - Online Course Certificate Course on Futurelearn.
4. Basics of Medical Microbiology
Learn about the history and fundamentals of Microbiology.
Course rating: 3.6 out of 5.0 ( 82 Ratings total)
In this course, you will learn:
- who are the founding fathers of Microbiology, parts of a light Microscope, and cell culture techniques?
- how to use a light microscope.
- how to do Gram-staining.
- how to do the streak plate technique for pure bacterial cell isolation.
- the bacterial growth curve and the log phase.
Here, you will learn how to classify microorganisms, how to use the correct nomenclature, the different staining techniques, and the factors involved in microbial growth.
You can take the Basics of Medical Microbiology Certificate Course on Udemy.
Hey! If you have made it this far then certainly you are willing to learn more and here at Coursesity, it is our duty to enlighten people with knowledge on topics they are willing to learn. Here are some more topics that we think will be interesting for you!