Upon completion of this course students should be able to:
- Define population ecology.
- Calculate population density.
- Summarize the role of predators in regulating populations.
- Identify factors that affect population dynamics.
- Identify sources of energy and nutrients and the differences between these two terms.
- Relate trophic levels, food webs, energy flow, and nutrient cycling within an ecosystem.
- Define a biome and an ecosystem and identify the various parts of these environments.
- Characterize Earth's major biomes in terms of temperature, precipitation, location, and organisms that you would find in each.