Hello, learners! Greetings from Makerdemy. In this course, you will learn how to design and deploy flows on Node-RED Programming Platform.
This course is for anyone who is interested in exploring Node-RED and IBM Bluemix services.
This course is for anyone who is interested in building an IoT Project by availing the Bluemix services. This course is ideal for those who are interested in exploring the scope of Node-RED. The course does not require any prior knowledge of Node-RED and IBM Bluemix.
The course consists series of lessons will show you how to get up and running Node-RED on the IBM Bluemix. IBM Bluemix consists of many useful services which can be bound to our application to make use of it in your desired way. you will also be learning JSON for the better understanding of data flow in Node-RED. Also, you will be learning to control GPIO of Raspberry Pi using Node-RED
The course split into seven projects:
- Project 1: In this project, we will be learning JSON and using MQTT Protocol to communicate between services
- Project 2: In this project, we will teach you to create a simple Twitter Bot and analyse tweets based on tone of language
- Project 3: This project will involve face recognition and analysing by estimating age and detecting the gender of a person
- Project 4: In this project, we will teach you to convert any text input into a speech
- Project 5: In this project, we will teach you to translate a text from a source language to a target language using IBM Bluemix Language Translation services
- Project 6: Here, we will be developing an application to help the visually impaired by converting text into an audio form
- Project 7: In this project, we will be logging temperature of Raspberry Pi on IBM Watson IoT Platform. This will also include working on LCD Display Module
- A basic understanding of electricity and electronics
- Basic knowledge of Linux Terminal Commands
What will you learn
- You will learn to program in Node-RED environment
- You will learn to write and extract JSON scripts
- You will learn to work on a number of services on IBM Bluemix
- You will learn to build a simple twitter bot using Node red
- You will learn to build a text to speech engine using Node-red
- You will learn to build Facial Recognition along with age estimation using Node-red
- You will learn to integrate LCD with Raspberry Pi using Node-Red