This course is the continuation of our Java Fundamentals courses and the Java Programming course.
This Java course with JDBC is the best course to continue learning Java in Spanish. Like the previous courses, we will take you step by step so that you acquire the knowledge to connect to any database, in particular we will see how to connect and work with the MySql and Oracle database with the JDBC API. This course is the basis for understanding more advanced courses such as the Hibernate Framework course or JPA technology.
The content is divided into perfectly structured levels , each level supported by the previous one, with the aim of adding Java knowledge incrementally so that you can focus on mastering the issues little by little and gradually. So ensure the success of your Java training.
We will offer support for any questions about the teaching material included in this Java course with JDBC.
To make matters worse, we handle a new teaching methodology that we have called Speed Learning. This methodology consists of concise videos that go directly to the point to study, complemented with eBooks with explanations and step-by-step images (which you can print, or search for any text you need, or use for your offline study), since as we know we cannot do text search within a video. In addition, our methodology includes perfectly structured and very didactic exercises, which will allow you to accelerate your eLearning learning. Without wasting time on videos where you have to watch the instructor codify an exercise, too much theory, little practice or anything like that. Our Speed Learning methodology guarantees that in the shortest possible time you will acquire the necessary knowledge for the professional and professional world of Java.
Connection to Databases with JDBC
Lesson 1 - Starting with JDBC (Java Database Connectivity)
- The need for a database
- Installing MySql and Oracle
- Download drivers to connect to the base
Lesson 2 - Connecting to the Database (BD)
- Steps to connect to a relational database
- JDBC code to connect to the database
Lesson 3 - Select Statement
- Steps to execute the SQL Select statement with JDBC
- Use of the select statement to read the information in the database
Lesson 4 - Manipulating Data with JDBC
- Steps to execute the insert, update and delete statements
- Use of the insert, update and delete statements to manipulate information
- Separation of select, insert, update and delete functions with JDBC
Lesson 5 - Metadata with JDBC
- Knowing the structure of the BD tables with JDBC
- The importance of using Metadata in JDBC
Lesson 6 - Oracle, Store Procedures and Functions
- Java JDBC with Oracle
- Running Oracle Store Procedures with JDBC
- Oracle Role Execution with JDBC
Lesson 7 - Multilayer Architecture
- Structuring our JDBC code
- Creating the data layer in a Multilayer Architectures
Lesson 8 - Design Patterns
- DAO Design Pattern (Data Access Object)
- Design Pattern DTO (Data Transfer Object) or VO (Value Object)
- Final Laboratory with the integration of everything seen in this Level
We wait for you from the other side.
Ing. Ubaldo Acosta
Founder of Global Mentoring and Java University
Passion for Java Technology
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in exploiting database information with Java with the JDBC API
- Anyone interested in applying software development best practices when connecting to any database
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Desirable to have studied the courses of Java Fundamentals and Programming with Java of Global Mentoring
- If you have not studied the previously mentioned courses, have basic knowledge of Java
- Connect to any database using the JDBC Java API
- You will learn to execute the basic SQL commands in Oracle and MySql
- You will learn to connect to any database, including MySql and Oracle with Java JDBC
- You will learn design patterns such as DAO (Data Access Object) and DTO (Data Transfer Object)
- You will apply best practices such as High Cohesion and Low Coupling to create a Java architecture with efficient JDBC
- You will learn to execute Oracle Stored Procedures, Functions and Cursors from the JDBC API
- You will learn to reverse engineer to create a Data layer with the FireStorm / DAO software
- Using database table metadata using the JDBC API
- You will learn to use a Connection Pool with the help of the Apache Commons JDBC API.
- It will create a robust and scalable data layer for any Java project that uses the JDBC API
- You will learn the basics to use more advanced frameworks in subsequent courses such as Hibernate Framework and JPA