Upon completion of this course students should be able to:
- Describe how hypotheses are generated and tested.
- Describe the importance of information literacy and ways logic can be distorted.
- Differentiate between water soluble versus fat soluble substances.
- Describe the additive, antagonistic, and synergistic effects of toxins.
- Describe the water cycle.
- Describe the steps of wastewater treatment and what occurs during each stage of treatment.
- Identify pathways for pollutants into and out of a watershed.
- Describe the Coriolis Effect and how it impacts global wind patterns.
- Describe the mechanism, sources, and chemical components of acid rain.