In this course, you will learn :
- How to conduct research and create visual concepts for animated worlds
- Learn how to use Photoshop to transform your creative ideas into beautiful and meaningful images that enhance a storey. Using the magic of animation, bring fantasy environments to life.
- Discover the other artists who influence her work.
- Learn about visual development and what to expect from the course.
- Then look at Tory's approach to gathering references and coming up with ideas for her work.
- Before experimenting with the digital tools Miro and Photoshop, learn basic stylization principles that will add an animated quality to your designs.
- Learn how to efficiently read a creative brief before creating reference boards filled with visual ideas based on keywords.
- Analyze your references and make notes about what works, what doesn't, and what they all have in common.
- Before refining your sketches, sketch your vision loosely and in black and white.
- Then, to complete your design, combine several ideas into a collage.
- Create a concept art piece out of everything you've worked on so far to add context to your idea, using light, colour, and other elements. Then add finishing touches such as noise effects and textures.
1. Preparation and Theory
- What Is Visual Development?
- Working With References
- Idea Generation
- Stylization Principles
- Workspace and Tools
2. Setting the Assignment
- The Brief
- Creating Reference Boards
- Analyzing Your References
- Sketching Ideas
- Refining Sketches
- The Final Design
- Adding Context and Setting the Mood
- Final Touches
4. Building a Portfolio
- Project Presentation
- Final Considerations