Problem Solving, Modeling, and Prototyping walks engineering students through various ways to find and design around potential design challenges. We'll explore how to use Fusion 360 to help find things like load paths on a structural design. We also learn modeling techniques and design strategies to further design the components of the mechanical drive system on a bicycle. Last, we'll have opportunity to discuss and explore options for their designs such as gear driven vs belt vs chain.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
• Understand the parametric CAD workflow
• Articulate the difference between a Body and a Component
• Use Shape Generation to identify load paths
• Detail components for production techniques
• Create a detailed drawing